Brand: Council Tool
- steel head. Made in USA. Hand sharpened double bits for cutting and splitting, sharpened in the same
- Drake Off Road Natural steel finish on head and cutting edges coated in clear lacquer to deter rust.
- 36″ double-bit American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge. The serrated shape improves bite and the aluminum choice of material is strong, lightweight and does not change size with moisture content.
Binding: Lawn & Patio
Details: Drake Off Road Tools Double Bit Classic Michigan Axe (3.5 lbs.) with 36" Hickory Handle 352MC
Package Dimensions: 35.0 x 10.0 x 2.0 inches