Color: Stainless Steel Blade/Beech Handle
- This essential tool is unchanged since 1890 and is a must have for outdoorsmen and handymen alike
- The Stainless Virobloc safety ring has two sections, one fixed and one sliding for secure locking
- Opinel's stainless steel blades are made of Sandvik 12C27 modified stainless steel
- Handle is made from hard, durable Beechwood from France
- Opinel products are guaranteed under normal use and exchanged in case of manufacturing defects
Details: Simple and beautiful, sharp and durable, the Opinel No8 pocket knife is an international bestseller. You can tuck it into your pocket for a picnic, keep it in your desk for workday lunches, carve into charcuterie, cheese or a crisp apple, or whittle a stick for campfire s’mores. Locking the blade while opened or closed is easy with the Virobloc safety rings. Two sections of rings, one fixed and one sliding, allows you to twist the outer ring to secure the blade. Following a few simple instructions will ensure your knife lasts for years to come. You should hand-wash or wipe clean your blade after each use, wipe the blade dry, store in a dry place and keep out of damp conditions. Expect the wooden handle to swell or contract slightly with use; wood is a living material that can be affected by humidity and atmospheric conditions. If your blade feels stuck, use the “Opinel knock” (rapping the end of the knife on a hard surface) to loosen the blade slightly. You should grease the metal parts, including the Virobloc locking mechanism, on a regular basis. Versatile in its use, classic in its design and construction, the Opinel No8 has been carried and appreciated by generations.
Package Dimensions: 5.7 x 2.2 x 1.6 inches